On June 9, 2016, the Washington Diversity Council hosted the Inaugural LGBT Roundtable and Awards at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP. Attendees of the roundtable gained knowledge and advice from corporate leaders who shared insight from their personal success and professional leadership experience.
“The LGBT Roundtable is an amazing event that highlights the importance of workplace equality and promotes dialogue that can help us move closer to truly inclusive work environments,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council.
The half-day event began at 8:00 a.m. with registration, breakfast and networking. Attendees were greeted with a welcome from Britt Provost, President of Washington Diversity Council and Senior Vice President of People & Culture at Apptio. Six featured panelists lead various discussions focusing on the overall challenges faced by the LGBT community in the workplace. Following these discussions, attendees were given the opportunity to share their thoughts during question and answer sessions.
In addition to these dynamic discussions, some exceptional leaders were recognized for their personal and professional achievements. The LGBT Leadership Award is reserved for individuals that serve as role models within the LGBT community and strive to promote inclusiveness within the workplace. Their commitment LGBT advocacy continues to help the progression of the true workplace equality.
The Washington Diversity Council would like to thank all sponsors, speakers, volunteers and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
Program booklets, photos, and other events can be viewed on the Washington Event Timeline.
- Teeona Wilson, Account Manager, Health Services, Aerotek
- Zana Bugaighis, Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP
- Laura Clise, Director, Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility, Weyerhaeuser
- Steve Crandall, Chief Executive Officer, ProMotion Holdings Global, Inc.
- Emanual Macias, Senior Product Marketing Manager, AT&T, Chair & Washington Chapter Vice President, LEAGUE National Communication
- Meridian Mayer, Senior Manager, Membership Development, Seattle Storm
- Sarah Toce, Award Winning Journalist, Principal, Owner, Editor-in-Chief, The Seattle Lesbian
2136total visits,2visits today