The Tri-State Diversity Council hosted its 6th Annual 2016 Diversity and Leadership Conference on August 25, 2016, at The New Yorker Hotel in New York City. The theme of this year’s event was “Imagine Inclusion!”
The event included a dynamic group of executives who shared their experiences with transforming diversity awareness into actionable results. And, the contributions of numerous corporate, small-business, academic and community leaders who have championed the value of diversity as a business imperative were recognized.
“A growing number of organizations have become fully aware of the value of diversity as a business imperative. To ensure their competitive advantage, however, organizations must shift from awareness to action by bringing about culture change and promoting environments of inclusion,” shared Dennis Kennedy, founder of National Diversity Council, in his welcome note.
The speakers at the event included:
- Alison Banks-Moore, Chief Diversity Officer , Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ
- Alana Sweeny, President and CEO, United Way of Westchester and Putnam
- Aruna Ravichandran, Vice President, DevOps Product Marketing and Solutions Marketing, CA Technologies
- Asker Saeed, Vice President, Robert Half Legal
- Debra Bass, President, Global Baby Franchise Organization, Johnson & Johnson
- Deborah Hazell, CEO, HSBC Global Asset Management USA
- Hugh Welsh, President, North America, DSM
- Kathryn Burdett, Vice President, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Deutsche Bank
- Kenneth Hunter, Chief Diversity, Inclusion and EEO Officer, NYC Department of IT and Telecommunications
- Kenneth Roldan, CEO, Wesley, Brown & Bartle
- Kerry Kozaczuk, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Pratt & Whitney
- LaToya Jordan, Director of Talent Management & Diversity, JetBlue
- Mary Jo Jacobs, Vice-President, USI Insurance Services
- Matt Horace, SVP & Chief Security Officer, FJC Security Services
- Mecca Santana, Vice President, Diversity & Community Relations, Westchester Medical Center
- Medina Jett, Founder and President, Integrated Compliance Solutions Group, LLC
- Meika Roberson, Chief Medical Officer, CarePoint Health
- Morris Churchill, Jr., Head of Community Development for Retail Banking and Wealth Management, HSBC Bank USA
- Pauline Sobelman, Vice President, USI Insurance Services
- Peter Vermeulen, Head, HR Americas, Linde
- Peter Wilson, Jr., Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Proskauer
- Radha Subramanyam, President, Insights, Research & Data Analytics, iHeartMedia
- Trusha Mehta, Associate Director, Financial Services, Inclusiveness, & Flexibility Leader, Ernst & Young
- Soo Hong, Chief HR Officer, WeWork
- Wilfred Chabrier, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Port Authority of NY & NJ
- Yrthya Dinzey-Flores, Executive Director, Corporate Social Responsibility & Diversity, Time Warner Inc.
Thank you to our speakers and sponsors for making this event possible. Stay connected to our Tri-State Diversity Council website for information on future events.
By Jessica Speziale
3019total visits,4visits today