On January 9, 2018, the Giver’s Circle was honored to have Dr. Shelton Goode, Executive Director, Diversity and Inclusion at Marta come and lead a discussion on commonly employed diversity strategies (What works? & What doesn’t?) in the workplace. Discussion questions entailed, but were not limited to:
- Do organizations promote an equitable work environment that values diversity?
- Are organizations really evaluating the effectiveness of diversity programs?
- Many organizations have diversity programs, in knowing this, why is there an increase in sexual harassment claims today?
The discussion was thought provoking, encouraged participants to evaluate their individual perspectives as well as further define what diversity and inclusion means and its importance in the workplace.
The mission of the Givers Circle is to foster partnerships of likeminded individuals who are open to sharing their unique gifts/talents to promote diversity and inclusion throughout the world. This is achieved by a variety of ways:
- “Table topics” discussion on challenging issues;
- Partnership Trainings/Workshops;
- Quarterly Speakers with diverse backgrounds/experience on a range of topics; and
- Community Outreach Partnerships
Again, we extend our thanks and gratitude to Dr. Goode for sharing his gift with the Givers Circle and look forward to partnering with him on future initiatives.
1812total visits,2visits today