On October 25, 2016 the Pennsylvania Diversity Council hosted the 7th Annual Pittsburgh Leadership Conference at the Marriott City Center hotel. The event was held in an effort to recognize and empower multiculturalism and leadership throughout the state of Pennsylvania. The theme for this year’s conference was Stepping Out to Lead.
The full-day event featured concurrent panel sessions that addressed topics regarding diversity and inclusion, leadership and professional development. Executives shared their insights regarding topics such as “How to Map Your Career Path for Career Success,” “Diversity Is About Who’s On the Team. Inclusion Is About Who Gets to Play,” “Top Competencies for Leadership,” and “The Voice of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire and Achieve Results.”
A series of awards were also given in recognition of leadership including the 2016 Most Powerful & Influential Women Awards and the 2016 Leadership Excellence Awards.
“It is our honor to recognize these individuals who have championed diversity & inclusion within their communities and exemplified inclusive leadership throughout their careers,” said Dennis Kennedy, Founder & Chair of the National Diversity Council.
Leadership Excellence Award Recipients
• James Barnes, Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
• Patricia Beeson, Provost & Sr. Vice Chancellor, University of Pittsburgh
• Bryan Brantley, Partner, McGuire Woods LLP
• Christine Bryant, Sr. Vice President of Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants, Covestro North America
• John Ferreria, Managing Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
• Timothy Lewis, Co-Chair of ADR Practice Group, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
• Celeste Warren, Vice President of HR & Global Diversity and Inclusion Center of Excellence, Merck
Most Powerful and Influential Women Award Recipients
• Mary Ann Bell, Vice President of Investor Relations, WESCO International, Inc.
• Kenya Boswell, President, BNY Mellon Foundation
• Kimberly Brown, Partner, Jones Day
• Patricia Dodge, Managing Partner, Meyer, Unkovic & Scott
• Dodi Gross Walker, Counsel, Reed Smith
• Holly Hudson, Vice President, Cosmos Technology
• Diane Hupp, Chief Nursing Officer & Vice President of Operations and Patient Care Services, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
• Amy Pandit, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
• AnnMarie Papa, Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
• Aleta Richards, Vice President of PCS Regional Product Management, Covestro, LLC
• Geovette Washington, Sr. Vice Chancellor & Chief Legal Officer, University of Pittsburgh
The Pennsylvania Diversity Council would like to thank the event sponsors for their support of the Pittsburgh Diversity & Leadership Conference: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Einstein Healthcare Network, ReedSmith, WESCO, Newton Consulting, Morgan Lewis, BNY Mellon. Special thanks to all the volunteers, speakers, moderators, and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
For more information about this event, please visit http://www.pittleadershipconference.com/2016/
79total visits,1visits today